Visualize, optimize and act. Utilize your capacity and resources to the maximum while ensuring delivery precision and lowering stock levels.
The ability to act quickly and optimize operations based on changing supply chain conditions is essential in today’s fast-paced production environment.
The more complex your production, in terms of materials, lead times, routings, manpower and tooling, etc., the less likely it is that ERP or an Excel solution can cope.
Using Excel or any other ERP add-on is a compromise. You gain greater flexibility than ERP alone, but you end up investing a lot of time and effort to make things work. These types of solutions lack the planning rules, visibility and data integration needed.
With an Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) solution you can create new production plans in minutes and view the impact of changes in real time. You increase control over your entire value chain.
- Understanding capacity – How do capacity constraints affect the production plan?
- The impact of materials – At what point will a shortage of materials affect production and how?
- On-time delivery – Can accurate delivery dates be provided on request, and can those delivery dates be met?
- “What-if” scenarios – What affect will prioritizing a new order have on other orders?
- Planning efficiency – Is the planning process fast enough to keep pace with the rate of change within production and across the wider supply chain?
- Knowledge access – Is enough knowledge built into the system, or is there too much reliance on the experience of individual production planners?
Optimal supply chain management requires control and visibility across many areas, including Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP), materials sourcing, supplier monitoring, planning and scheduling.
We provide this holistic perspective together with the technical aspects required to ensure your supply chain generates sustainable value. Effective change management, starting with feasibility studies and benefits & value mapping, together with an optimal planning and scheduling solution ensure you achieve the key success factors:
- Visualization – Visualizing planning data, together with order and material relationships, allows you to quickly identify issues and potential problems.
- Capacity utilization – Ensure resources, such as machines and personnel, are better utilized and bottlenecks are easily detected.
- Material control – Supervising material linkages and alerts allows you to stay ahead of any potential material shortages or excess stock.
- Reaction speed – “What-if” capability enables alternative scenarios to be explored before deciding on the best solution.
- Coordination – Linking supply, production and sales activities means key personnel can collaborate effectively.
- Change – Ensure everyone adapts to the new way of working regarding purchasing, planning and scheduling.
Partnering with PlantVision to streamline and improve your supply chain management can help you to operate more efficiently, work to a higher standard, and reduce organizational stress.
Benefits for your organization:
- Increase delivery precision and improve customer service.
- Lower stock levels – synchronize purchasing with an achievable schedule.
- Minimize work in progress – shorten make span time / issue materials when needed, not before.
- Increase productivity – make better use of existing capacity, equipment and personnel.
Benefits for Purchasers, Planners and Schedulers:
- Create new production plans quickly and easily.
- Immediately see if and where problems exist.
- Easily compare plans and choose the best alternative.
- Quickly confirm the delivery date for a new order.
- Share the live production schedule with colleagues.
- See effects of late purchase orders.
- Decrease raw material stock.
Our whole production process is now much more transparent – from ERP down to the shop floor. We can easily identify bottlenecks and can see where we need to modify and improve processes. We can also respond more quickly to order enquiries – especially for complex products.
The system has also brought levels of flexibility that were simply impossible before. We now have the ability to run ‘What If’’ scenarios, which are invaluable should we have a problem with a delivery or on a production line. We know instantly the impact of an event on the entire plan and from that we can use Simatic IT Preactor to judge how best to react.
PlantVision were always responsive and open-minded to our ideas. They found workable solutions to each of our requests – even when that meant going outside of Simatic IT Preactor. They also managed to implement the system and get it up and running extremely quickly.
In implementing Simatic IT Preactor, our main aim was to improve our on-time-deliveries, as defined by the customer required dates. And Preactor has certainly delivered in this respect. On-time delivery has increased from 34% to 94%. We now enjoy better overall control and synchronization over departments.
Previously, each unit worked individually. Now, with a shared overview, everyone can pull together, irrespective of geographic location or area of production.
Siemens is a global technology supplier supporting manufacturing companies with their transformation towards the “Digital Enterprise”. PlantVision is a Siemens Solution Partner within Industrial Automation and Industry Software Solutions.
We support you with the help of world-leading Advanced Planning & Scheduling software. Siemens SIMATIC IT Preactor APS is used by thousands of companies around the globe in nearly every industry sector. With 20 years of built-in experience it is the world’s most successful APS system.
Its flexibility has been proven in countless scenarios and applications within small, medium and large enterprises. So, you can be confident that there is a solution to meet your needs today and as you grow in the future.
Get in touch, request more information
or sign up for our newsletter