Automate and streamline your processes to ensure efficient production quality control.
Ensuring product quality in process-based production is a continual task. A constant cycle of sampling, analysis and reporting is needed to feed results back into production in order to optimize process parameters.
There is a continuous drive to improve throughput, maximize yield, and resolve quality issues quickly and effectively. Integrating your laboratory test results with your exiting enterprise systems provides instant access to validated product quality data and supports faster decision making.
Find out more about our integrated SMART Lab offering »
The performance of your raw materials and your manufacturing process are crucial for the quality and yield of your final product. The challenges faced when using a paper-based batch record system include:
- A long turnaround time waiting for raw material inspection and in-process testing results.
- Ensuring rejected raw and in-process materials are identified and quarantined to prevent their use in manufacturing.
- Human error during manual transfer of data between systems or from instruments. Failures are discovered downstream during the manufacturing process instead of being prevented upstream.
- Manual QA approval is often a bottleneck leading to delayed final batch release and product shipment.
Partnering with PlantVision ensures your solution achieves these key success factors:
- Fast decision support – Automating workflows and integrating your laboratory quality control system with existing enterprise systems, such as ERP or manufacturing execution systems, allows seamless data transfer and speeds up production.
- Process optimization – Collecting and refining information from different enterprise applications – for example, from raw material to finished product over a 20-hour cycle period – results in shared knowledge throughout the entire process. Having accurate, real-time production visibility increases product quality and yield, while driving down manufacturing costs.
- Reduction of human errors by minimizing manual data entry. Rejected raw materials or uncalibrated instruments are prevented from inadvertent use in manufacturing.
- Efficient product release – Eliminating redundant steps and ensuring results are delivered on a continual basis significantly speeds up the batch approval process.
- Improved quality and reduced waste
- Increased efficiency and productivity
- Improved service levels and customer satisfaction
- Fast return on investment and sustainable business value
We are pleased with the customized LIMS system and the support from PlantVision both during development project and drift phase. PlantVison has supported our project with skillful and engaged specialists.
Before, we were forced to enter lab results at a specific time. Now, we enter results when it suits us. It is also easier to view results, and for relevant parties to examine and comment on them.
The LIMS is extremely easy to use. Laboratory productivity has been considerably enhanced and sample turnaround has been accelerated while ensuring optimum product quality.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world leader serving the global science community. The company’s integrated informatics solutions help customers to drive productivity, ensure compliance, streamline processes, and improve organizational efficiency.
Together with Thermo Fisher Scientific we offer a complete suite of integrated solutions, including Thermo Scientific™ SampleManager LIMS™, the world’s most widely deployed LIMS (laboratory information management system).
SampleManager LIMS supports both regulated and non-regulated industries, including pharmaceutical QA/QC, oil and gas, chemicals, water and environmental, food safety and contract labs.
Enhanced functionality – together with effective, user-friendly integration with SAP and PIMS – empowers timely decision making and helps you to increase productivity and improve the agility and responsiveness of your lab.
Siemens is a global technology supplier supporting manufacturing companies with their transformation towards the “Digital Enterprise”. PlantVision is a Siemens Solution Partner within Industrial Automation and Industry Software Solutions.
We can help you to further optimize product release efficiency and extend product security with the support of world-leading Advanced Planning & Scheduling software – Siemens SIMATIC IT Preactor APS.
Integrating your ERP and LIMS with an Advanced Scheduling solution enables cross-functional access to real-time information, minimizes manual data entry and planning, shortens lead times and reduces costs
Find out more:
Get in touch, request more information
or sign up for our newsletter