Increase your plant uptime with a digital twin and empower maintenance operations to improve asset reliability through machine learning and access to complete and correct information.
To stay competitive, manufacturing plants need to be up and running all the time. Today, planned maintenance is either carried out during short scheduled stops or performed during ongoing plant operations. Maintenance departments also need to react to unexpected stoppages.
Access to reliable information is crucial. A wide range of information is needed, from details about a specific seal, all the way up to an overview layout of the site. Information is usually spread across different systems and, oftentimes, is only available within documents.
Expansion, mergers and acquisitions can also lead to differences in culture and practices between sites. Data are spread across ERP, CMMS (computerized maintenance management system), Control Systems, Excel files, and Access databases, while documents are scattered around in file shares such as SharePoint, or on CD-shelves.
Smarter data management is needed to better utilize information, improve asset performance (e.g. through machine learning supported by AI) and increase plant up-time.
Access to correct information is critical for many different tasks. For example, to increase production availability it is necessary to optimize information relating to failure prevention.
Some of the key challenges for plant asset management include:
- Scheduled maintenance – Is all relevant and up to date information available in order to plan and perform maintenance?
- Corrective maintenance – How quickly can the necessary information be accessed?
- Condition-based maintenance – Is all relevant data being retrieved?
- Information security – Can maintenance staff access all necessary data for their tasks without granting them full access to all systems?
- Mobility – Can employees access the information they need anywhere on site?
- Plant modifications – What deliverables are affected and where can the latest revisions be accessed?
An optimized plant lifecycle management solution gives you access to all current and correct information, with fast and simple search functionality. This, together with data-driven failure prevention powered by machine learning, can significantly increase your production up-time.
We support you with a holistic perspective and vast technical expertise for optimizing both asset performance and plant life cycle management. From feasibility studies to integrated solutions and services we help to ensure you realize these key success factors:
- Efficiency + Consistency – Enter information ONCE only in order to generate all specified deliverables.
- Visualization + Access – Display information in a way that is simple to use and easy to navigate. Store relevant documents with the object they relate to and enable fast access from a wide range of devices.
- Connectivity – Enable information exchange between systems, e.g. plant registry, CMMS, ERP and control systems. Sharing information eliminates the need for multiple data entry.
- Machine Learning – Prevent asset failure and unplanned stoppages. Assess patterns of normal and abnormal behaviour of assets in order to predict future conditions and their inherent causes.
Partnering with PlantVision can help you to improve asset performance and reliability, optimize plant lifecycle management and, ultimately, increase your production up-time.
Some of the areas where your organization will realize improvements include:
- Efficiency – Data only requires entering once and is then accessible from different platforms and devices.
- Quality – No duplication of data that can cause mismatches and inconsistencies.
- Reliability – No documentation with contradictory information and predictions of future situations.
- Security – Staff can access all the information they need without giving them additional unnecessary access.
- Usability – Simple navigation with easy, fast searches for finding relevant accurate information.
- Data Integrity – Single system for safely managing information access and security.
We were looking for a system that could keep everything in one place and make different disciplines work in one system at the same time. And COMOS has those functions. We will cut engineering time consumption with a system where engineers can easily access information.
COMOS is used for all project phases and has changed the way we work. We are able to collect knowledge, shorten project development and delivery times, and increase project quality. COMOS also helps us to collaborate with customers, partners and suppliers. The time required for preparing a project has been reduced from two-three weeks to a few days. We have become faster and can take better advantage of specific expertise. Since we deliver, on average, a project every week we need tools that make us more efficient and reduce the time for routine tasks and controls.
We are heavily involved in integrated systems. COMOS is a strategic choice because of the integrated operations thinking.
In the planning, maintenance, modification and operation of our plant equipment we have a very efficient workflow system. The new planning tool had to integrate seamlessly into our work methods, and also to allow even more increases in efficiency.
When you think about how much time is spent on maintaining lists of spare parts, for example, an integrated solution is not just something that’s nice to have. Automating this kind of task can save a lot of time and money – and you can improve both quality and service towards customers. The potential gains are enormous.
Siemens is a global technology supplier supporting manufacturing companies with their transformation towards the “Digital Enterprise”. PlantVision is a Siemens Solution Partner within Industrial Automation and Industry Software Solutions.
Our long-standing partnership with Siemens means we can support you with a comprehensive offering, covering automation technology, integrated engineering and asset management (Siemens COMOS) and production digitalization solutions.
We provide a digital twin (using the SIMIT simulation platform for the process part of the twin) to extend the value of our SIMATIC PCS7 deliveries. We can also use Plant Automation Accelerator or COMOS to enhance the virtual plant. With tools such as COMOS Walkinside (3D engineering and visualization software) and XHQ (operations intelligence software) we help you to continuously improve the performance of your enterprise.
AspenTech is the world’s leading supplier of asset optimization software solutions. Its products represent the industry standard for process manufacturing, helping hundreds of thousands of users at over 2,100 companies around the world to drive operational excellence.
We can help you optimize Asset Performance Management by including machine learning and prescriptive analytics as part of your digital transformation program.
With Aspen Mtell® you are able to model historical and real-time asset, process and maintenance data in order to predict future asset behavior and perform prescriptive maintenance. Failure agents autonomously detect patterns in data and deliver the earliest, most accurate warning of asset failures and unplanned downtime.
Get in touch, request more information
or sign up for our newsletter