Connect, analyze, visualize and act. Collect and secure correct production information for improving processes, optimizing performance, enabling track & trace and complying with regulations.
Manufacturing companies are under increasing pressure to ensure product quality and reliability, make better use of production resources, and to ensure delivery precision in order to stay competitive in an increasingly globalized and competitive world.
Production facilities are typically a complex process with multiple production lines and equipment that must interact in an optimal way for quality, utilization, and delivery precision to be the best possible.
Modernization, automation and digitalization of the production process are essential to stay competitive.
Having the right information at the right time is critical to making correct decisions and adapting production in an ever-changing world.
The reality is something completely different for many companies. Information is often isolated in information islands with little or no sharing between them. Master data is often poorly managed, and it is not unusual for there to be several versions of the same information – but which do not contain the same data.
The result is that the various functions and roles within a company each have a different version of the truth. Decisions are based on incorrect information, resulting in suboptimal quality, utilization, and delivery precision.
We can help you to develop and implement a digitalization strategy that provides the basis for a “single version of the truth”. This enables all of those involved in the production process to make better decisions based on the same information.
With the help of powerful solutions that ensure both quality and security, you can achieve the key success factors:
- Get organized – Collect and store data related to the appropriate process, equipment, product, or batch in a secure, structured, and accessible way.
- Transform data into information – Relate different data to each other, view data in the correct context, and lay the groundwork for transforming data into information and knowledge.
- Visualization – Enable powerful data visualization so that correct data can be analyzed from different perspectives in user-friendly way.
- Make better, faster decisions – Optimize ongoing production with the support of real-time production information and implement continuous improvements based on strong production follow-up information.
- Ensure data integrity – For companies operating in a regulatory environment, we help to ensure date is managed in a way that meets those regulations, such as FDA Title 21 CFR Part 11 (21 CFR11).
Companies that choose a digitalization strategy that provides a “single version of the truth” enjoy many benefits.
The same basic data creates sustainable value in many different ways, since it can be used in different roles for different purposes.
- The operator gains an improved overview of the current status in terms of, for example, quality, overall equipment effectiveness (OEE), equipment, and updated production plans.
- Production technicians and maintenance staff can be supported with more advanced analytical tools and machine learning enabling predictive maintenance and continual improvement.
- The quality department gains better information for making product and batch approval decisions, together with improved traceability of every product from raw material to end product.
- Management gains a clear overview and long-term picture of reality as a basis for making improved strategic decisions.
Previously, each unit worked individually. Now, with a shared overview, everyone can pull together, irrespective of geographic location or area of production.
Now, we can get exact details about machine availability at various levels, from a single machine to the whole plant.
Users have begun to extract information on their own initiative, and that’s proof positive that the system meets our requirements.
Users can view the entire system in real time from their own office. It saves an enormous amount of time since they no longer need to physically visit each production area to retrieve data.
We wanted a completely reliable system that would fully comply with FDA electronic records and batch tracking regulations. And that is what we have today.
AspenTech is the world’s leading supplier of asset optimization software solutions. Its products represent the industry standard for process manufacturing, helping hundreds of thousands of users at over 2,100 companies around the world to drive operational excellence.
The company’s aspenONE® integrated software suite is a powerful process optimization solution. It enables customers to increase throughput and productivity, reduce operating costs and unplanned downtime, enhance capital efficiency, and reduce working capital requirements.
PlantVision has been AspenTech´s partner for more than 20 years. We can support you with a comprehensive range of manufacturing information solutions, for example, MES (manufacturing execution system). We help you to bridge the gap between automation and business systems and enable you to exploit the vast amounts of data generated by operations.
OSIsoft provides open enterprise infrastructure that enables customers to transform production data into operational intelligence.
OSIsoft has installations in 140+ countries and is widely used across many industries. The company’s PI System™ connects sensor-based data, systems and people. This helps customers to generate real-time, actionable insights, empowering them to optimize and transform their business.
PlantPerformance® is a powerful information and decision support solution for improving productivity and efficiency in the process and manufacturing industries.
PlantPerformance allows you to collect, aggregate, visualize, monitor, comment and analyze real-time production data. It provides you with all the tools needed to drive continuous improvement and significantly increase your production performance, as measured by OEE and other KPIs.
It is a modular and flexible solution that can be tailored to your needs – whether you are a small manufacturing unit or a global company. With PlantPerformance you turn production data into business value. By utilizing available data from processes, products and operators you are able to produce more – at the right quality – using less resources.
Get in touch, request more information
or sign up for our newsletter