Within process and manufacturing industries, production facilities must offer effective monitoring, control, and information gathering in order to meet today’s demands for production availability and throughput.
Production facilities need to be flexible and reliable, so they can be quickly adapted, re-engineered, or modernized with minimal effect on production capability.
A well-integrated automation and information system, with the ability to carry out virtual testing and training via a digital twin, can provide a flexible environment in which change can be easily managed without compromising quality and reliability.
Some of the major challenges for Manufacturing Execution in a modern production environment include:
- Maintaining the reliability of automation and information management systems.
- Maintaining or even increasing production throughput while maintenance, reconstruction and improvements are being developed and implemented.
- Maintaining quality within production and the quality of production data.
- Carrying out and documenting change efficiently and easily.
- Streamlining information flow within an automation and information management system.
Whether your system is fundamentally a process control system, a basic control system, or a monitoring system, the optimal solution is a well-integrated system solution for automation and information management.
We provide systems with seamless integration across all levels of industrial automation – from executive level to controller and field level – to ensure maximal quality and production optimization.
A system delivered by PlantVision gives you a powerful solution ensuring quality and availability that helps you achieve key success factors such as:
- Systems for optimizing project engineering– Efficient tools for design, data management, and accessibility optimize both delivery and implementation times.
- Virtual testing and training – Simulation software lets you test process systemization and monitoring functions before they are implemented.
- Proven, quality-assured project model – Reliable processes and a transparent workflow throughout the entire production process allow simple and flexible adaptation to individual needs.
- Standardization – Interface issues are simplified and reduced, maximizing time and cost savings throughout the entire lifecycle of the system.
By choosing to implement a well-integrated system solution, customers experience important benefits that result in stability and added value in production.
- Increased availability – A stable system solution increases process availability.
- Shorter setup and lead times – A system with an integrated engineering platform and the possibility for effective virtual testing with the help of a digital twin leads to shorter lead times and reduced downtime.
- Greater flexibility – A well-integrated system solution makes it quicker and simpler to carry out changes and expansion programs.
- Improved quality – A stable system solution helps to ensure continuous operation of the facility and a reliable flow of data.
- Simple system management and administration – A well-integrated system solution simplifies system management over its entire lifecycle.