From small independent operating units to global multisite manufacturers – everyone is looking to improve operational efficiency and productivity.
Overall Equipment Effectiveness (calculated as Availability*Performance*Quality) is a very useful measure of how effectively production facilities are used. The objective being to continually improve operations and increase OEE over time.
With the right strategies, processes and tools in place it’s possible to raise your OEE to a whole new level.
The starting point is to ensure automated collection of operation-wide intelligence. A flexible solution is needed that is easily configurable, expandable and able to integrate seamlessly with your existing systems.
The key to success, however, lies in making information available to different user groups at the right time, at the right level, and in the right format. For example, to enable close-to-production decision support, KPI reporting, or in-depth data analysis.
The goal of information is to empower users. Everyone – operators, group leaders, maintenance personnel, lean coordinators, production management and business management – should be able to contribute to continuous operational improvement.
- Increase productivity and operational efficiency
- Identify and implement best practices
- Improve quality rates and reduce scrap and reworking
- Inspire and motivate staff to exceed targets
- Reduce repair costs by switching to predictive maintenance
- Improve strategic position and meet market demands ahead of competitors
Four levels of data analytics for improving OEE.