Multi-stage batch-processing industries face the difficulty of making quick production scheduling decisions in a complex production environment. Inefficient production scheduling can result in high inventory costs and low capacity utilization.
- Better material control is needed relating to sub-contractors/suppliers
- Need to be able to balance and combine ‘customer development products’ with established products – with respect to materials and capacity.
- Planning process needs to be faster and more precise.
An ideal solution would enable…
- Accurate and detailed planning, together with the ability to communicated precise delivery dates to customers.
- A faster planning process.
- The ability to visualize material shortages.
- Greater inventory control that is synchronized with material purchasing.
A powerful planning solution, combining an accurate planning process, greater visualization and increased inventory control of purchased materials.