PlantVision AB is a privately held company operating primarily in Sweden, Scandinavia and some other European countries.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in connection with your use of our website and other programs, applications and features (collectively referred to herein as the “Tool” or “Tools”.)
1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following information about you:
Personal information including, for example, your name, e-mail address, telephone, your company name and company contact details, information about your usage of the Tools and information collected by tracking technologies as further described below that may identify you as an individual or allow online or offline contact with you as an individual.
We will not disclose your personal data to any third parties or third countries without your specific consent.
2. CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at DPO@plantvision.se.
3. NEWSLETTERS OR OTHER ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
Occasionally we send out newsletters and other information (such as promotional material and invitations to events) via email. Our aim is to only send you information that you may find of interest and that supports you in your work.
If you inform us that you wish to cancel email newsletters or promotional emails by selecting unsubscribe at the bottom of such communication, or by emailing us at email@example.com, we will remove you from our mailing list.
If you provide your mobile phone number through the Tools we may send you an SMS message with important information (such as cancellation of an event, or changes to time/venue for an event that you have registered to attend).
4. TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We use technologies such as cookies, tags, and scripts, which enable us to recognize your device. We also use tracking scripts to let us know when users have visited the Tools by “clicking-through” from our newsletters or other electronic communications.
The Tools use Google Analytics code to gather statistical information. Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the Tools and the volumes of usage of the Tools. This is done to ensure that the Tools are available when you want them and are fast. For more information on how Google Analytics processes this information, visit www.google.com/analytics.
5. LOG FILES
As true of most websites, we gather certain information and automatically store it in log files. This information may include Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
If you receive the HTML-formatted version of our email newsletter, your opening of the newsletter is notified to us and saved. Your clicks on links in the newsletter are also saved.
These and the open statistics are used in aggregate form to give us an indication of the popularity of the content and to help us make decisions about future content and formatting. They may also be used to provide you with information and offerings that we believe you may find of interest and that support you in your work.
6. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
All information you provide to us through the Tools is stored on secure servers located in Sweden and Finland. Information is available to authorised personnel only, and access is restricted as much as possible.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the Tools; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
7. ACCESS TO AND DELETION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
To find out what personal data we hold about you, to request correction, or to request the deletion of your personal data that we have on file please email us at DPO@plantvision.se.
We will respond to your request in a reasonable timeframe.
8. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content provided by the Tools is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other device.
- To provide you with information, products or services related to PlantVision that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, unless you have requested that we not provide this information.
- To provide you with customer service communications, including events or activities you have registered for.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Tools, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to the Tools.
- To understand your broad, non-specific geographic location to help us identify groups of users by general geographic market (such as postal code, city or country).
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for marketing and research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to and interactions with the Tools including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
9. SURVEYS AND REGISTRATION TOOLS
We use a Software as a Service Tool for management of surveys and events. The tool and the service provider fulfils GDPR requirements. PlantVision has a Personal Data Processor Agreement with the service provider ensuring that your personal data are protected.
10. SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS
Our Tools include social media features and widgets, such as the “Share” button. These features may collect your Internet protocol address, which page you are visiting on our Tools, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Tools. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing it.
11. HOW LONG WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not keep personal information in a form which permits identification of data subjects for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed. We have a ‘Records of Processing Activities’ register which documents for how long personal data should be kept. This register is periodically reviewed according to defined procedures, and personal data are updated or removed as applicable.
PlantVision’s head office address is Kista Science Tower, Färögatan 33, 164 51 Kista, Sweden.
14. REVISION HISTORY
Initial version, 24 May 2018.