Siemens Opcenter can be easily deployed, configured, extended and integrated with other systems across the value chain, including product lifecycle management (PLM), enterprise resource planning (ERP) and shop floor automation solutions.
It provides end-to-end visibility into production, helping enable decision makers to readily identify areas for improvement within product design and associated manufacturing processes, and to make operational adjustments for smoother and more efficient production.
Fully enabled for mobility, customers can achieve high levels of operational flexibility and run the same applications on a variety of smart devices. The entire portfolio is cloud-ready and can be deployed on-premise, in the cloud or in combination, providing for potential IT cost reductions and flexible scalability. Siemens Opcenter uniquely supports the digital enterprise, leveraging the digital twins for design, production, and performance.
Siemens Opcenter Execution Discrete (formerly known as SIMATIC IT Unified Architecture Discrete Manufacturing) provides powerful Manufacturing Execution capabilities that ensure greater process-flexibility and efficiency, complete integration of regulatory and quality requirements, synchronized production processes for optimal supply-chain management, and sustained reductions in maintenance and operation costs.
Siemens Opcenter Execution Process (formerly known as SIMATIC IT Unified Architecture Process Industries) capabilities include vertical integration, process orchestration, genealogy, and production reporting covering wall-to-wall manufacturing processes such as material receiving, production, and material outbound. Integrated quality management handles sampling, analysis, and evaluation of quality results seamlessly tied to the manufacturing events.
Siemens Opcenter Execution key benefits
- Delivers a user-friendly UI that provides a compelling state-of-the-art experience
- Reduces scrap and waste by guiding shop floor operators through their assigned tasks, providing interactive instructions and data acquisition screens
- Improves cost of production calculation by means of enhanced labor tracking functions
- Provides visibility of WIP and full product traceability and genealogy
- Integrates with advanced scheduling (Preactor APS)
- Provides configurable integration with DNC systems and 3D printers, so you can transfer program files to machines
- Includes SPC functionality (integrates with QMS Professional)
- Enforces audit and certification management to trace and prevent unauthorized actions
- Reuse business logic from legacy system by integration or reuse of business rules