When you’re running a successful contract services business, things move fast. Operations grow, facilities expand, people and equipment are added.
Before you know it, your lab-based IT system has grown into something of a monster, demanding to be fed with ever more time and resources.
This was the situation experienced by one of our customers who faced a mounting list of challenges. The IT infrastructure was not qualified and instruments were not validated. Instrument systems and lab PCs were running on a wide range of operating systems. Getting disaster & recovery support was expensive and complicated. Result files were being stored locally and needed manual backup.
What was needed was a new IT solution, adapted for a complex environment. As well as resolving the current issues it also needed to be able to support the company’s continued success.
Drawing on a combination of project excellence, experience of similar complex IT environments, technical skills and QA expertise, we were able to help the customer reclaim control of their lab IT.
- A qualified IT infrastructure providing a basis for validating systems.
- Lab PCs with different operating systems able to coexist in an office environment.
- Secure communications between lab and office systems.
- Secure remote and off-site access.
- Automated storing and backup of electronic raw data.
- Possibility to integrate LIMS and other systems that use instrument data.
- Enabling flexibility and system evolution to meet growing business needs